Friday, August 8

when a melody escaped from your soul [midnight reflections]

Warning: This note is very different to what I usually write, so consider yourself warned.




I have so many things running through my mind that I am unsure on where to begin, so I guess lets start from the beginning.

yesterday I was sitting in the office filing correspondence of some kids from the Philippines... and while doing that I usually try to read the names of every child that is entered into the program, we all know that names have different meanings.

while doing something like that, you will come across all sorts of names, from the most unusual ones to the ones that we hear everyday... specially if you are reading names from children from exotic places such as Burkina Faso or Myanmar... but in some point during that process one stroked me like a lightning bolt, and for a couple of seconds I checked out mentally from my "administrative duties" and I was embraced in his arms.

one little Philippine girl by the name of Grace simply smiled at me from her picture, but her name caressed my face like only our Father can do.

from there all afternoon long I've been thinking about His grace, and how incredible is to know that we live everyday simply embraced by His endless love for our lives...

This last week many things have been changing in my life, I've made some decisions that are going to determine in a significant way my days to come, at the same time some new people has entered into my life and the truth is that I am quite speechless when it comes to describe it, so I'll just smile and go on... something also happened in Buenos Aires this week that has honestly brightened my eyes, and with tears rolling down all I could say was thank You.

with that mix of thoughts and emotions in my life I walked into my place, and I you know when the Lover of your soul whispers your name, I was dazzled by Him... I grabbed my guitar and while the melody was born the words flowed freely.


I wanted to tell you
how good I am...
and how many diplomas
are hanging from my walls

that I'm always uplifting
and of course always laugh
that I'm always succeeding
and that I'm your champ


but...

I'm far away from perfect
but I found grace
embraced in is love
where I know can dance

I know that I'm not worthy
and can't measure up
but His grace is sufficient
will always last


yes I am a dreamer
some say visionary, perhaps
I am in love with people
and I hear their cry

I know I have mission
I do hear His call
wide open hands
that are reaching out


but...

I'm far away from perfect
but I found grace
embraced in is love
where I know can dance

I know that I'm not worthy
and can't measure up
but His grace is sufficient
will always last

but his grace is sufficient
will always last


for almost an hour after I got off work yesterday I sung this song, and yes His hands were caressing me once again with His grace... after a couple of minutes I was drowning in His arms.

I know that this note is unlike why I usually write...
But you know what, is alright... as always, I know He is smiling...
His grace is enough.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work by Max Barroso is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.